When you hear beauty regimen, you think high-end, expensive skincare products and you resign to thinking that skincare might not be for you at all. As a woman, especially a plus-size one, your plate is already full with expectations, beauty standards and judgment from others.
Your skin tends to act up now and again, and you want this to be the least of your worries. And it can be, especially if you add the following easily-overlooked, highly-underrated, pocket-friendly tips to your beauty routine.
- Wash your face: Any skincare specialist that knows their onions will recommend washing your face at least twice a day. Dead cells and dirt accumulate on the skin throughout the day and washing your face helps you get rid of the build-up. Use an organic cleanser or soap to get soft, clean and healthy skin.
- Water: Be careful to drink six glasses of water or more everyday mainly in dry weather. A well-hydrated skin has a certain elasticity and bounce to it. It is an easy step and is sure to give great results. Your skin will be softer, healthier and brighter.
- Sleep: Asides the dark circles that appear under your eyes when you are not getting sufficient sleep, your body also takes the liberty to replenish damaged cells while you are asleep. The best part is that this step is completely free, just close your eyes and catch some sleep.
- Sunscreen: Sun damage is actually much undermined in our clime. Therefore sunscreen is a highly shrugged-off but essential step in caring for your skin. You should not leave the house without wearing sunscreen, and a great sunscreen should have at least SPF 30 and provide hydration for the skin.
- Exfoliation: This is the process of removing dead cells from the surface of your skin. It can help in the fight against acne, boosting circulation, evening-out your skin tone, and unclogging your pores. Another plus side is that exfoliating regularly can help your skin accept products better.
- Face masks: A face mask here and there can help moisturize and improve the quality of your skin. The best kinds are those made from organic products; they give your skin a healthy glow.
- Retinoid cream: Retinol helps facilitate the production of collagen in the body. Collagen in sufficiency makes the skin not to wrinkle and crease. Your skin tone will also even out, and all the damage on your skin will begin to reverse slowly.
- Antioxidants: Foods that are rich in Vitamins A, C and E are your best bet when in search of antioxidants. Antioxidants help eliminate free radicals which when they build-up can cause harm to the body. They can also protect the skin from ultraviolet radiation from the sun. Examples of these foods are vegetables and berries.
Flawless skin is a great way to accentuate your beauty. Add this to those stunning curves and striking confidence, and you can take over the world!
Photo Credit: pinterest