It takes a lot more than willpower to make lifestyle changes. Sometimes, people are scared to make these changes because of the financial implications of such a drastic change.
Making dietary changes does not mean incurring unnecessary expenses. Especially with the mindset that if the goal is to lose weight, then you have to throw all your food in the trash and change it all up.
To make it easier on yourself and your wallet, of course, it is better to incorporate these tweaks gradually. This isn’t just financially smart; it is also easier to maintain this lifestyle because you aren’t doing anything you cannot keep up with.
- BREAKFAST: If you never used to eat breakfast, start now. Diet experts always advise this. It is easier to keep off weight or even lose some when you start your day off by eating because stocking your body with the necessary nutrients at the beginning of the day makes you less likely to snack on calorie-dense crap later on.
- EAT YOUR CALORIES: It is difficult to stay away from high-calorie drinks like sodas and lattes. Every so often, you find yourself indulging and satisfying your cravings. It is okay to do this but only once in a while, maybe, as a reward for all your discipline.
Liquids do not fill you up like solid foods d0, so even after ‘dinking’ you still need to eat. Replace sodas with tea, water, or black coffee. Make your lattes with skim milk or opt for diet sodas. Easy trick!
- A COLORFUL MEAL IS A HEALTHY MEAL: Fill your plates with all the colours you can find, especially the greens. And you know where these colours are found? You guessed right. Fruits and Vegetables.
Salads are lovely; a good trick to making a plate is making it colourful as the rainbow. A small portion of carbs, and the rest, veggies.
- PORTION CONTROL: It is hard to know how many calories you are eating at a time; an excellent way to control your portions is to use a small bowl to serve your food.
- PROTEINS: The most important thing will always be calories, especially in maintaining or losing weight. So adding more proteins to your diet isn’t to add it to an already big meal, it is to substitute carbs, where you can, for proteins. Lean meat, chicken, fish are better options to be eaten with salads, instead of bread or rice.
These tips are pocket-friendly and easy to incorporate. With discipline, you will begin to see the changes you require. In all, stay confident and beautiful.
Photo Credit: webmd