It will not come as a surprise to learn that you have been tagged unhealthy a number of times, just because you are plus-size. And we all know that that is a false notion which is most times quite far from the truth.
Everybody needs to go to the gym. The gym wasn’t made specially for a particular ‘size’ of people. The gym is where you go to be able to attain your fitness goals.
One thing plus-size people tend to do is get hung up on losing weight that they look for ‘easy’ ways out. With this mindset, it is easy to fall victim to a lot of scams presented as weight loss remedies/solutions.
The gym is not just a place to lose weight; it is a place that provides you with tools that you can use to keep your body in good form, plus-size or not.
In case you might wonder why a gym is a good idea, here are a few reasons you would want to be in the gym:
- Smash stereotypes: Nobody believes a plus-size woman will ever make it to the gym, because they are termed unfit or lazy. There’s no greater pleasure than watching the looks on their faces while you are killing it in the gym. Changing their perception of the plus-size and meeting your fitness goals while you’re at it; two birds with one stone.
- Community and Accountability: It is a lot easier to hit the gym when you have a support system backing you up and cheering you on. At this point, you have less and less reason to stay at home as you become accountable to others. Don’t forget that group workouts are usually the most fun.
- A trainer: You might know a ton of workout routines that surely give great results, but do you know those that work for you? Bodies are different; therefore, what worked for them may not work for you. A fitness trainer will show you the ropes, the dos, and don’ts for your body type to increase the efficiency of your workout and attain your body goals even faster.
- Goals: Going to the gym is great because you can set personal fitness goals. In this way, you can monitor your progress and find out the things you already do that could stall your progress and remove them from your routine to get the best results.
- Gym clothes: This might seem like a flimsy reason but, trust me, it isn’t. Putting on beautiful and comfortable gym clothes puts you in the best state of mind for a workout session. You feel stunning and energized and cannot wait to show off what your body can do in those beautiful clothes. A sports bra helps hold the ladies in place while you move around in the gym and allows you to accomplish a whole lot.
It is easy to shun going to the gym because you may worry that people will stare at you. But the truth is most people are too busy with their workouts to worry about you, anyway. So hit the gym, go get that burst of energy. You will need it to take over the world!
Photo Credit: masterfile